Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Episode 1 - Why Am I Here?

(Note: I wrote this during class)

          Hello Ladies and Gentlemen!  I am coming to you live from the front row of Accounting 1, where the only care I give has left the room and is waiting for me in my dorm room.  The hope of me paying attention in this class left when I came to the realization that I had left my Accounting binder in my dorm room... all the way across campus.  Just my luck, it is impossible to follow the lecture without the 3 lb hunk-of-boredom.  If you know me at all, you'll know that I tend to stay away from any kind of physical activity.  I'm more of a sit-on-my-butt-eating-Oreos-and-reading kind of person; so the whole "walking all the way across campus" thing didn't sound like a picnic to me.  However, like the good student I am, I walked ALL the way to my room to get it and was only late by 2 minutes.

         Let me explain how this class usually goes: I come into class with the prospect of paying attention.  I have my binder, my notebook, and my #2 pencil set and ready to take tedious notes.  That ship sails as soon as my professor walks through the door in his velvet pants and tennis shoes.  While he tries to persuade us all to be CPA's, I am over-analyzing his choice of clothes; which is easy because he wears similar clothes every day.  It's always a solid-colored shirt (usually blue, green, or purple) with a pair of dark velvet pants and bright-white tennis shoes.  I'm pretty sure he knows what I'm doing because he likes to call on me while I'm in the middle of creating my masterpiece of hearts and smiley faces. What's ironic is that accounting comes pretty easy for me even though I don't pay attention.  This does not mean I want it as a future career.  There are a lot of things I'm good at, like; saying sarcastic remarks, fangirling, complaining, being awesome, and procrastinating, but you don't see me pursuing a degree in any of those!

P.S. CPA's are Certified Public Accountants, for those of you who don't know!  
Congratulations, you've learned something new!

         If you were waiting for this post to have a point, you're not going to find one.  I go to this class every Tuesday/Thursday and end up writing in my notebook by the end of it.  Who knows... maybe this will become a thing?



I guess this is the end....
DON'T FORGET ME...

i need a new hobby...

  Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment