Tuesday, July 23, 2013

If I Could Be Anything...

          I actually already had to answer this question for my career counselor, but I'm going to take this prompt a little differently than I did her question.  She asked me, "If you could get paid to do anything; what would it be?".  My answer was to sit, watch movies, and read books (then review them).  Sure that would be awesome, but I recently decided that I want to do something bigger.  MUCH bigger.

          Let's get serious; I only have one life to live, and I've been recently realizing how short it truly is.  I have span of around 80-90 years (maybe) to make any dream I have a reality.  Why would I waste it settling for second best?  Why would I waste it being anything but happy?  I'm a firm believer of 'Go Big or Go Home' and 'Live Hardcore to Be Hardcore'.  I don't plan on doing anything less than my dreams.  I only get one shot, but (if I do it right) one shot is enough.


If I could be anything, I would be an impacter. (It actually is a word. I think.)
          Don't worry, I've heard it all before.  I don't need you to tell me that to make an impact I have to be a record-breaking pop star or an award-winning actress.  I don't need you to tell me that there is no way I can get people to listen with 100 followers on Twitter.  And I definitely don't need you to tell me to get a new dream.  Trust me; I get and understand how hard making an impact can be for someone who doesn't plan to sing or act to get there.  Heck, I don't plan to really do anything other than use my words.  Through writing and speech, I hope to spread my message everywhere.  Yea, it's going to be a long battle, but that's all part of the journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment