Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My First Stitch Fix

          Hello Wonderful Readers!  This week is just full of fun package reveal posts!  Today I received my first ever Stitch Fix package.  If you haven't heard of Stitch Fix, you NEED to check it out now.

          I heard about Stitch Fix after reading a blog post reviewing it.  I was immediately intrigued by the idea and set out to explore the possibility.  The process is quite simple; once I've filled out the style and size questionnaire and scheduled a shipment, my own little personal 'stylist' will pick five items that she/he thinks are perfect for me.  After receiving the box I have three days to try everything on and ship back what I don't want to buy (free of charge).  Each shipment costs $20, but that is then credited to whatever I chose to buy from the box.

          It basically takes out all of the things I hate in shopping.  First off, I don't even have to leave campus.  Second off, I don't have to tackle the crowds once I do arrive at the mall.  And third off, I'm being given clothes that fit my style without searching for hours.  Sadly, as a broke college student I won't be able to do this very often, but I have enjoyed it enough to consider it an option in the future.

          For my first Stitch Fix, I think it was fairly successful! Let's take a look at what I got sent:

Serene Skies Serene Button-Up Long Cardigan: If I could have this color and fabric with shorter length; I would buy it in a second.  The fabric was really soft and comfortable, and the color was very vibrant.  The only reason I won't buy it is due to the length.  It has two too many buttons long.

Tulle Cora Swiss Dog Belted Skirt: The biggest turn-off for this piece was the price.  At a wopping $58, my college-student bank account started screaming.  No matter how much I love that this makes me look like I'm from a different decade; I can't scrape that kind of money.

I also received a dress and another blouse; however, neither article fit me well enough to share.

and the winner is...

Chris & Carol Priscilla Dot Print Sleeveless Blouse: When I first saw this in the box I thought I was going to hate it.  I've tried similar shirts on before and never liked how they looked on me.  However, the moment I tried it one; I fell in love.  I was surprised to find that I didn't feel like an expecting mother in the shirt.  This piece will be awesome matched with a suit jacket for when I begin job shadows this fall.


          If you want to try it out, follow this link and get started!  It's super fun, and I really enjoyed trying on all the clothes and having a little fashion show for my roommate.  Even if you don't plan to buy something, it's a great thing to have come through your mailbox.


1 comment:

  1. You look adorable!! I need to do a stitch fix once I can afford it.

    ReplyDelete