Friday, March 6, 2015

February Favorites

*insert astonished statement over the fact that March has begun here*  Seriously though, where is this year going?!  I feel like I just started the spring semester, but it turns out I've been attending class for seven weeks now.  

With February out of the way and 31 days of March to look forward to, I felt that this week would be a great time to share some of my favorites over the last month.  Don't forget to let me know what you've fallen in love with during February!

Beauty Products
Luxie - #504 - Large Angled Brush
I received this brush in my Ipsy Bag this February, and it's definitely the most used product I got!  I use it with my bronzer when I am contouring my cheek bones, and it works like a charm!  I'd actually been looking for a new bronzer brush as my old one was from ELF and just didn't have the bristle texture that I wanted.  I definitely recommend this for anyone who is looking for their daily bronzer brush.  It's definitely a keeper!

TRESemme Get Sleek Perfect Polish - Heat Protection Prep Spray
I have two options with my hair when I wake up: put it into a ponytail or destroy it with heat in some way.  I recently got my hair trimmed for the first time in about six months, and I'm really trying to keep my hair fresh and healthy.  I've only been able to use this spray a few times, but I can already feel how it's really protecting my hair when I curl it or straighten it.  I've also noticed that my curls stay longer when I use this beforehand.

Fashion Staple
Black Heeled Boots
I bought these little cuties last year right before I left to study abroad.  I thought I needed them for my trip, but the cobblestone streets throughout Europe kept these things in my closet.  Now that I'm back to (semi-)smooth sidewalks, they've began to make an appearance as my go-to church shoe.  The heel is short enough that I can where them for the entire day without destroying my knees.
Music
The Vantage
My roommate introduced this Texas-based group to me, and I've been a fan since I listened to their album 'Color Blind' (found on Spotify).  Their new song, 'Place in the Water' is a must-listen.  Like right now.


Imagine Dragons
I might have cried from happiness when these guys came out with their newest album, 'Smoke + Mirrors'.  I've been obsessed with blaring 'I Bet My Life' at unhealthy levels, and I dream every night that I'll miraculously find the money to attend their Nebraska concert.

Books
'Attachments' by Rainbow Rowell
I've talked about Rainbow Rowell's books numerous times on the blog because I have yet to read a book by her that I didn't love.  'Attachments' is no different, and I recommend it for anyone who is looking for an easy read while trying to balance a busy schedule.  It's one of those books that I can easily pick-up, read for 10 minutes, and put down with a bunch of new information to mull over.  

'The Best Yes' by Lysa TerKeurst
I read this book with a group of ladies from my church as a 6-week bible study.  I recommend this read for anyone struggling with saying 'no'.  Lisa is an amazing writer and offers great advice through scripture and personal stories.  This is a book that will have a permanent home in my bedside table.

I'm hoping to bring more review posts out from the dark, so let me know what you thought of this one!  I'm open to any suggestions on structure or other 'topics' you want me to find favorites for (i.e. movies).  Have a fabulous next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment