Sunday, December 30, 2012

Texas Roadhouse Rolls- Pinterest Project

I've made these a couple of times before and was very excited to make them again!  I have to agree that they do taste very similar to Texas Roadhouse Rolls; however, they are a little thicker.  These rolls are definitely a favorite of my family when I make them! :)  The entire process can take up to a good three hours.  It matters on how big you make the rolls, but I always vary around 2 dozen.  (This last attempt made 22 rolls)

Supplies:

4 tsp. active dry yeast
1/2 c. warm water
2 c. milk, scalded and cooled to lukewarm
3 Tbl. of melted butter, slightly cooled
1/2 c. sugar 
2 quarts all purpose flour (7-8 cups)
2 whole eggs
2 tsp. salt

*Dissolve yeast in warm water with a teaspoon of sugar; let stand until frothy.  
*While letting the yeast mixture stand, combine milk, and 1/2 cup sugar.
*Add in and beat yeast mixture and enough flour to make a medium batter (about the consistency of pancake batter).  
*Add melted butter, eggs and salt.  Beat well.  
*Add enough flour to form a soft dough.  
*Sprinkle a small amount of flour onto counter and knead dough until smooth, 'non-sticky', and satiny
*Put into a greased bowl, turn over to grease top and cover.
*Let it rise in a warm place until double in bulk.  
*Punch down.  
*Turn out onto a floured board and spread out to about 3/4 inch thickness.
*Let rest for 10 minutes.  
*Shape dough into desired forms.  I put them in about 3x3 inch squares.
*Place on greased baking sheets.
*Bake at 350 degrees for around 7-10 minutes or until golden brown.  Definitely make sure you watch and check on them frequently, because my oven tends to run hotter than most.  I have a bad habit of taking them out too early, but my family doesn't complain (Actually, I think they prefer them that way). 
*Baste immediately after with butter.


And finally, ENJOY.  I recommend Cinnamon Honey Butter along with it! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment