Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Moving-In Update

                Wow.  It’s been awhile since my last post.  I've sat down numerous times and tried to write something SOMEWHAT inspirational, but I think my brain is still switched [off] due to Christmas break.  These last three weeks have been amazing.  Since I decided to take this break off instead of working, I spent a lot of my days sleeping in till 11, then watching The Talk and The Ellen Show.  I've been spending the majority of my time with my family and friends.  This 2nd to last week was been exceptionally fun, and the last week was basically just me packing.
                On Monday I had to wake up early for a 4-H affair.  I went with the current 4-H royalty and the extension staff to bring a proclamation up to the County Commissioners regarding 4-H Month.  The proclamation basically stated that the County Commissioners regard February as National 4-H Month.

                For the rest of the day I finished up work on my application for the CWF-PA position.  I've had a large number of people ask me about this summer job so I think it would be a good idea to explain it a little better.  During the summer, 4-H makes it possible for 4-Hers to take a trip to Washington DC called Citizenship Washington Focus.  While on this trip, 4-Hers will get the chance to see the capitol and learn about the US Government.  Sadly, I never got the chance to attend this camp because of prior summer arrangements.   The position I applied for is a Program Assistant.  As a program assistant I will spend my entire summer in Washington DC.  While there I will be giving tours to the 4-Hers and leading workshops.  As soon as I heard of this opportunity I jumped at the chance.  My application was due this week and, hopefully, in a month I will receive an update on the status of my application.  In order to apply I had to fill out the application and upload a video onto YouTube of me teaching the review board a new skill.  Let’s just say, I wasn't pleased.  I hate the sound of my voice on tape, but I did it.  No, I’m not going to upload that video here.  I do realize that this opportunity is probably very competitive, but I’m gonna take the chance.
                On Tuesday I spend the day doing ‘stuff’.  I attempted to pack early, but it really didn’t happen. 
                Wednesday was Trey’s birthday!  YAY!  I woke up extra early and did a quick run to Grand Island with my mom so we could pick up his birthday cookie from Eileen’s (It smelled like heaven).  Once we got home, I set to work on Trey’s birthday present from me!  Trey loves my Texas Roadhouse Rolls.  I made them during the day, and while I let the dough rise I went up to my old school and helped coach my old speech team.  The rest of the afternoon was spent celebrating Trey’s 16th birthday with an amazing supper of Chicken Fried Steak and a large oatmeal raisin cookie.
                On Thursday I spend the day doing the same ‘stuff’ I did Tuesday. 
                Over the weekend I got the amazing privilege of having one of my amazing friends for school, Leah, come stay with me.  She got to my house on Friday and we hustled to my brother’s basketball game that night.  After the game we went out to eat with my Aunt and Cousin at Dairy Queen!  It was awesome to finally introduce Leah to some of my family because I meet her family at church all the time! J  The next morning, Leah and I supported our old schools’ at the CNFL speech meet.  Both Gothenburg and Aurora were competing, and it was fun to watch our younger friends perform.  After the speech meet, Leah and I were joined by my close friends, Abby and Sapphire, for some of my mom’s AMAZING lasagna.  It was great to hang out with all of the girls (I don’t think I have laughed that hard in a long time).  To close the night, we all sat around the TV and watched Pitch Perfect.  Sunday morning, Leah and I drove to Lincoln to attend the church that we both attend while at school.  I love this church and I feel so blessed that Leah took me to church that first Sunday so long ago.  Sadly, Leah had to leave later that afternoon, but it was awesome to spend time with her.
                The last week before classes started was spent packing and spending time with family.  I loved having this full month to hang out with my family and relax.  After the stressful semester I had, a month to sleep-in and hang with family and friends was much needed.  Yesterday (1/21) I moved in.  It took me TEN trips to get everything up to my room.  Frankly, I was exhausted and in pain (I cut my finger).  I’ve definitely missed this place though.  Today was the first day of classes and I (being my usual indecisive self) switched classes last minute.  I now take three classes every day and am done by at least 2 every day.  I’m hoping that by having my days more evened-out that my stress won’t increase.  That is the goal for this semester: Keep the stress level low.  Sometimes I worry about little things that really shouldn’t matter.  I’m excited about this semester and can’t wait to keep you updated on it all! J

No comments:

Post a Comment