Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Voice Recap

          TOOOOOP FIIIIIIIIIIVE!  Woohoo!  This week the artists got the chance to go home, which made for some tear-jerking family reunions.  Each artist performed one song of their choice that they dedicated to someone special, and then one that their coach chose for them.  Everyone did awesome, but as we know... There's only one winner! Since the competition is getting tougher, I've shrunk my top performances down to only two!  Let's see who made it! Honorable Mention goes to The Swon Brothers.

#2: Sasha Allen



          Talk about two fierce performances!  I feel like Sasha was the forgotten powerhouse of the competition.  She hasn't had a bad performance yet, and I'm expecting to see her in the finals.  First, she totally rocked that Whitney Houston (bless her) song.  This is one of those songs that is nearly impossible to perform with as much perfection and grace as the original artist does.  Sure, I don't think she blew it out of the water and upstaged Whitney, but I definitely believe she would be proud.
          Second; did anyone else feel like they weren't even watching a contestant anymore?  Her stage presence and 'physique' has become so smooth that you almost believe she's a visiting artist performing.  Props to Shakira for passing on her 'geniousness' (?) to Sasha.  This is just another example of why I love this show.  These artists are gaining INVALUABLE experience and knowledge because of this show!!!!  Let's get to number one before I begin professing my love for every aspect of this show... including the bodies of Usher, Adam Levine, and Carson Daly.

#1: Danielle Bradbery



          Aw.... Danielle.... She's been one of my favorites since the beginning and I'm positive she'll make it big regardless if she wins or loses.  Both performances were spot-on and brilliant.  It's hard to believe that she is 16 years old!  She is perfection!  That's it... period.  There are grammy-winning artists who have worked on that kind of perfection day-in-and-day-out, and it's amazing that she has that capability at her age.  In previous performances, I feel like she's had trouble singing with emotion, but last night she genuinely looked like she enjoyed herself.

         Due to the crazy day at the store, the results show has already began tonight.  Sorry!  They haven't announced who has been sent home, so my prediction is that Amber Carrington and the Swon Brothers will go home.  Amber just had two bad song choices last night, and I think that is because of her coach.  I love Adam Levine, but he can't coach a country artist.  The Swon Brothers even earned HONORABLE MENTION, but I still feel that they don't have what it takes to beat-out the female vocalists.


No comments:

Post a Comment