Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Growing Up...sucks...

          As you can see from my side-bar description: I don't want to grow up.  If I could,  I would stay 19 forever.  Seriously though; the thought of turning 20 scares the crap out of me!   The change from 19 to 20 isn't all that big of a deal either.  It's not like 15 to 16 where you get to drive, or 20 to 21 where you get to drink.  Turning 20 really isn't that important.  So why am I freaking out?  I think it has something to do with the fact that I will no longer be a teenager.  Twenty just sounds so 'mature'.  I feel like, as a twenty-year-old, I have to know what I'm going to do with my life and how I'm going to get there.  I can't answer the question with, "I'm just experimenting with different careers."  I DON'T HAVE EVERYTHING FIGURED OUT THOUGH!  Plus, I am waaaaayyy too immature to be considered a twenty-something.  There's just somethings that I do now that won't be acceptable:

#1: Going to McDonald's JUST to get the Happy Meal Toy...
          I may (or may not) have done this... recently...with my mom.  Heck, it was her brilliant idea!  She had gone that morning to get her daily coffee and saw the little display with the toys.  We had honestly JUST seen Despicable Me 2 in theaters the weekend before.

#3: Eating Oreos like it's my job...
          One of these days my metabolism is going to catch-up with me.  Yup, there will be a day when my love of Oreos leads me to being morbidly obese.  We might as well refer to that day as the Apocalypse.

#4: Miscounting and completely forgetting #2...

#5: Enjoying things that are supposedly acceptable for 3-5 year-olds...
         When I went to Mall of America with my High School Youth Group, I was like a little kid when my eyes landed on these two icons.  I STILL watch Spongebob when I need a giggle or two.  And what about my love of The Lion King?  I'm almost positive that most people would find it quite strange if a twenty-year-old preferred watching an animated movie rather than some riveting adventure motion picture.

          My love of all things young doesn't stop there.  Have any of you ever heard of the Imagination Movers?  They're basically your modern-day Wiggles.  My point is; they just released their studio album for season 3.
          Before you start questioning my sanity; hear me out.  These guys are quality children television.  When I have kids... Wait, let me reword that: IF I ever have kids, I hope these guys are still around to entertain them.  They're just parents trying to entertain children!

          I'm just going to go ahead and confess that my favorite song on their new album is called "I'd Eat It Anyway".  You can find and download the entire album for your favorite child (or yourself) on iTunes or Amazon.  Now, do you know any twenty-year-olds that can get away with downloading a song meant for little kids...when they don't have kids?  I didn't think so!  However, the album is currently number 2 on the iTunes Children's Music Chart, so I think that just makes me a really smart buyer!  Don't you?


 ***I am sharing this information on behalf of Entertainment New Media Network. I was not compensated for this post,
and ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN***

#6: Making noises at animals...

          Does anyone remember The Wild Thornberrys?  If you've forgotten or never heard of them (deprived souls) here's a really quick rundown: it's about a girl named Eliza who can speak to animals.  That's honestly what the entire show revolved around.  Anyway, I was obsessed with that show, and I honestly believe that is part of the reason I'm always trying to imitate and speak to the animals at the zoo.  Seriously though; I'm like a three year old leaning up against the glass and yelling, "Hey Gorilla!!!! Listen to this: OOO OOOO AHHHH OOOO".   I'm quite the interesting zoo companion.

          Now it's your turn!  What do you hate about growing up?  Is it the gray hairs?  Or is it the wrinkles?  Let me know in the comments or on Twitt-ah (I'm going to make that a thing)!  I'm now going to find a fly-swatter and kill the beast that has been flying around my head for the last hour.  



4 comments:

  1. Girl, I'm close to 30. Yikes! And I just got a Happy Meal this week to get a minion. I still watch cartoons and animated movies more often than not! It's just a number. Keep doing those things, because they are what make you YOU. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! The minions are so adorable! I think my mom and I are going to go get another one :)

      xoxo, Lizzy

      Delete
  2. So, I'm about to turn 21 in 15 days. . . and I do all of those things as well. You're only old if you are old at heart. I plan to stay young :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FOREVER YOUNG :) I would serenade you with that song, but my voice is horrid and this is a written comment, sooooo....

      Thanks for commenting :)

      Lizzy

      Delete