Saturday, July 6, 2013

Tweet Inspired Post


          Like most bloggers; I'm an avid 'Tweeter'.  Not only is it great to stay in contact with my favorite bloggers; I can also creep on my favorite boy band without leaving my house!  Sounds like a win-win to me!

          Moving on, I'm one of those people who love inspiring and thought-provoking tweets.  I love it when I see a tweet and immediately get an idea for a blog post from it.  If you can get me thinking on less than 140 characters; you're awesomely talented.  For a long while I've wanted to start a little 'series' about these "Tweeter Thoughts".  Today, I finally took the initiative to write one.  Yay for Lizzy!  Today's tweet comes from one of my favorite female bloggers/vloggers, Zoella.


          Since I'm still considered a 'beginning blogger', I haven't been on the receiving end of any unkind words between writers.  Do I know it exists?  Yes.  Do I wish it would stop?  HELLS YEA...  I don't really understand what leads a person to show hostility to another person.  Are you hoping to gain some kind of satisfaction by being harsh and rude?  What moves you to want to ruin a person's day?

          There are a lot of things in our world that aren't just black and white.  A lot of issues and problems have a grey area that makes it hard to distinguish between right and wrong.  This, however, is not one of those cases.  There is no 'grey' area.  There is a right and a wrong.  Being hostile and un-supportive to people, whether they're bloggers or not, is blatantly wrong. Period.

          This isn't just a problem within our 'little community'.  You can find it almost everywhere.  You see it in the hallway when the class nerd gets his books knocked out of his grasp.  You see it on Twitter when an anti-fan sends hate to a celebrity as if they don't have feelings.  You see it in every harsh glare, gesture, and action.  As humans, we're not perfect.  As long as our kind is on this earth; there will be hate and greed and imperfection.  Sadly, it's a fact of life.  My hope and wish, however, is that we keep it out of the blogging world.  Like Zoe said, "We're all in this together.", and I don't understand why we can't wish the best for everyone.


2 comments:

  1. This is a very thought provoking post, and if I may here's my two cents on the issue:

    It seems that in nature there is always some type of hierarchy and I feel that "bullying" is a by product of this. Not that condone it, I feel that humans have a level of intelligence which would allow for this not to be the case but alas it seems that we descend into these behaviors in all planes of life, whether we are rich poor fat or small. We seem to always judge.

    I wish that people could just realize that 99.99% of the time it is just better to keep ones personal opinion about an individual in spite to themselves. I think the ones that need to share it are deeply self conscious or lacking some type of attention that means they have to make others feel worse about themselves to feel better.

    Anyhow thanks for the post it was a good read!

    Furnish Box - Interiors & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your reply! You brought about a lot of interesting points I hadn't thought of! I believe someone needs too look at themselves before even degrading someone!

      Thanks for stopping by!
      Lizzy

      Delete