Thursday, August 15, 2013

Be the Power...

          As someone who firmly believes that everyone can make an impact for change: I love hearing bout people who are doing just that, especially celebrities.  If you're one of my most recent followers (Welcome!), you probably weren't around for my (much earlier) post about how celebrities can make an impact.  I've also written a more recent one that involved a few heart-warming examples.

         Today I'm excited to be coming back with another example of just how great people can be!  Have any of you guys ever watched the show Dallas?  If not, have you ever heard of a certain hunk named Josh Henderson (he plays John Ross Ewing on Dallas)?  Anything ringing a bell?  If you haven't gotten the lovely chance to ever hear of Josh Henderson, you need to do yourself a favor, open up a new tab, and Google him.  I then want you to promptly return here to finish reading so we can all fangirl about his good looks and caring heart in the comment section.

**Note; I was given this information through my membership of the Entertainment New Media Network; however, I am receiving NO pay or perks to share this news with you.  I am sharing this with you in pure hope that you will find this cause as amazing as I do**

                
Isn't he so cute?!

          Not only does Josh have his looks going for him, he's also using his status for an amazing cause (A man truly after my heart).  Josh is working to raise $5,000 for the Somaly Mam Foundation.  After reaching his goal, Josh will then JUMP out of a plane from 18K feet in the air!  Is that crazy or what?  Actually, I think the proper word is AMAZING!  He's taken what his career has given him and has turned it into something so generous and loving it almost brings me to tears.

          Before I start begging all of you to go donate, I want to tell you a little more about this amazing foundation.  The Somaly Mam Foundation is a non-profit organization that focuses on the elimination of slavery worldwide, especially in Southeast Asia where trafficking is a huge issue.  Their approach involves three different pillars: Victim Services, Survivor Empowerment, and Eradicating Slavery.  If you'd like to learn more on this AMAZING charity, you can find a lot of useful information on their website.


          If I haven't sold you on just the amazing work of the foundation, let me show you a couple cool perks of donating.  First, you can donate any amount that is comfortable for you! Don't worry about trying to reach a donation 'minimum'.  Can you only give $1? Do it! Every little thing will help.  Second, if you're willing and able to donate more Josh is throwing a couple perks just for you!  If you were to donate $30 you'll be earning a PERSONAL TWEET from none other than Josh himself.  If you're able to donate $50 Josh will be sending you a PERSONAL VIDEO!  If that doesn't encourage you, I don't know what will!  Maybe if I jumped out of an airplane???  In that case...

          I hope you guys find this cause just as amazing as I do, and I hope you take the initiative to help!  If you'd like to donate you can pop on over to the donation site to finalize it.  Remember; you don't have to be a big-shot celebrity to make a difference.  Even just $1 will help this wonderful foundation keep doing what they're doing.


1 comment:

  1. People that have great hearts like myself are rather amazing and if they do works of God its even better. Everyone should be like this.

    ReplyDelete