Friday, January 3, 2014

What I Hope to Learn at NMX

          If you follow me on Twitter (which you should), you'll know that I'm attending the New Media Expo (formerly Blogworld) in Las Vegas this weekend.  To say that I'm excited is an understatement.  To say I'm nervous is also an understatement.  I'm going to be alongside some very talented people who have thousands (maybe even millions) of 'fans' or 'followers'.  I'm pretty proud of how many followers I have, but looking at some of these people can make a girl feel pretty small.  Nonetheless, I will be attending and hopefully learning how I can improve and strengthen my blog to reach new heights.

         Since I don't live in Las Vegas I have to face the horrible task of flying.  I'd honestly be fine if it wasn't for turbulence.  If the plane starts to shake, even a little bit, I'm immediately that pessimistic person that starts screaming, "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!"  I'm trying to stay positive and believe there won't be any turbulence, but the wintery weather is telling me otherwise.

          I'm also one of those people who like to look nice one-way.  Tomorrow I won't be wearing sweats and a crew-neck; I'll be wearing black skinny jeans with my awesome shirt below.  On the way back, however, my look will be one hot mess.


          I've been looking forward to NMX for a long time.  To get ready I purchased networking cards, I worked on my 'meeting new people' skills, and I researched a few of the speakers.  Along with those, I've also created a few goals on what I hope to gain from this trip to Las Vegas.

1// I hope to learn some great tips to improve my blogging/blog.
Blogging isn't really something they teach in school, so everything I've done on here I've taught myself. It will be great to enter an environment where I'll learn a lot about the thing I love.

2// I hope to meet some really amazing and talented people.
This is the part that scares me.  I sometimes struggle with a confidence problem, but I'm hoping to leave my comfort zone over this time and really take advantage of the people around me.  I'll be able to learn from every single person there, and I'm not going to let that pass by.

3// I hope to have a great girls' weekend with my mom.
As going to Las Vegas by myself was kind of out of the question, my mom will be accompanying me on this trip.  I'm really excited to check-out a few of the sights during my free-time and go to a few shows.  My mom and I will be attending Celine Dion's show and The Blue Man Group (I know!!!).

          Wish me luck on this crazy adventure!  If you have any tips for me, please include them in the comments or tweet them to me!  I could use all the help I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment