Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Lunch Time!

          This summer I'm working in our family-owned screen printing and embroidery business (Aurora Screen Printing and Embroidery).  I've only worked there for three days and I have already ran out of lunch ideas.  It's obvious that I can't eat lunch meat sandwiches everyday, or I will go crazy.  You know what this means? Pinterest!  Today, I came home for lunch and decided to get a little creative.

          I came to realize how versatile ramen noodles are.  One easy way that only took me a little over 10 minutes to make was a vegetable stir fry.  After cooking the basic noodles, I searched through our refrigerator and found various additives, like; peas, carrots, asparagus, and an egg.  I would definitely recommend adding a meat into the stir fry to give it a little more substance and filling.  After cooking the noodles and finding some additives, I combined everything into a skillet with vegetable broth (all we had, but you can also use chicken or beef broth) and any seasoning you may want.  I personally added a couple dashes of garlic powder and soy sauce for taste.  It didn't 'look' pretty (ugly green color), but it was an easy, yummy lunch that was much better than stopping at McDonald's or another fast food restaurant.


If you have any other ideas for my summer lunches let me know! I could use all the help I can get!

2 comments:

  1. oh snap, now I'm craving some noodles! My go to summer lunch is a tuna melt with cranberries.

    -Jade (muffinteahouse.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOO that sounds good too! I may have to add that to my "Try List"!
      Thanks for the comment,
      xxLizzy

      Delete