Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Voice Recap

          Last night truly surprised me.  I'm shocked to say that I was actually a little disappointed!  Is that bad to say?!  After the first hour I was honestly scared I wasn't going to have anyone in my top three performances!  That's a crisis!  Luckily; the last three artists wow'd me enough to make the list, but everyone is going to have to step-it-up for next week.  Honorable Mention goes to Sarah Simmons with "Somebody That I Used to Know".

#3: Michelle Chamuel with "Grenade"



          Wonderful. Wonderful. Wonderful song choice.  PERFECT song choice.  It fit her voice perfectly.  The beginning was a little shaky, but it's a difficult song to start so I won't be too harsh.  Along with this it was the normal, entertaining Michelle performance.  She started off basically alone on stage like usual, but as the performance went on people started joining her on stage.  It was really different and unique, and I not only liked THE VOICE; I liked THE PERFORMANCE.

#2: Amber Carrington with "Skyfall"


         I know what you're thinking: attempting an Adele song is basically suicide.  Usually, I would agree with you, but since this wasn't a 'bring-to-tears', break-up song; it actually worked.  It's nearly impossible to sing an Adele song with as much conviction and pain as Adele-herself does.  However, since this song has a more dramatic-based, movie theme; it was a great step-up for Amber's performance.  Not only that; she sang it almost perfectly.  I can't deny that one of her last notes sounded a little flat (top note from run @ 2:10), but when I say little I mean little.  It may just be my mind, but I listened to the note about a dozen times and each time if seems just a little lower than it should be.  Luckily, I don't think it was enough to cause any apprehension on whether she'll be back next week, and it definitely didn't keep her off my list.

#1: Danielle Bradbery


          I love that Blake is having her sing older songs that aren't well-known in our generation.  I'm discovering a lot of songs that should be on my playlist!  Kudos to Blake for the wonderful song choices!  It's not shown in this video, but if you watch the full episode you'll see that Danielle had a little bit of a hard time with this song.  However, when she took the stage it seemed like she had written the song herself!  She was so at ease it seems crazy to say that she's only 16 years old.  Danielle's been one of my favorites since the beginning, and I'm positive (even if she doesn't win) we'll hear a lot of her in the future.  Her confident, smooth voice is what landed her in the number 1 spot this week!

My prediction for this week:
Even though last night didn't have a lot of amazing performances, everyone in the competition are amazing artists.  It's really hard for me to pinpoint who the weakest links are.  Just for shits and giggles, my prediction is the The Swon Brothers and Holly Tucker will go home.  I'll probably cry if they do, but their performances just didn't compete as well as the other artists'.  Don't expect a correct prediction like last week though.  I'm honestly scared to watch the results tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment