Monday, July 1, 2013

"The Mary Kay Look" by Lizzy


          I was honored to get the opportunity to receive "The Glamour Look by Mary Kay" Voxbox from Influenster.  This is my first Voxbox, and I am very excited to let you all know what I think of the products!  First, let's take a look of me wearing all the goodies!


I'm not capable of taking a serious picture...

          Within the box there were 5 different products: 

Mary Kay Lash Love Lengthening Mascara
(1 <3 Black: $15.00)

Mary Kay Lash Primer
($15.00)


          First, I'd never used primer before on my eyelashes, so I was excited to be able to try it out.  Lash primer is meant to lengthen and thicken your eyelashes before the application of mascara.  It is also supposed to help keep mascara on for a longer period of time.  Personally, I'm seeing it as waste of money.  I used the mascara both with and without the primer and did not see a significant difference.  I plan to use this tube until it's gone, but do not plan to re-buy.  I don't recommend the primer, but I do recommend the mascara!  That stuff is AMAZING!  Goes on smooth without any clumps, and it stays on for the entire day.  I've been looking for some new mascara to add in my daily routine, and this is currently at the top.  I definitely recommend this mascara.

Mary Kay Cream Eye Color/Concealer Brush
($10.00)


          If  you follow me at all you'll know that I just recently started using brushes when applying my make-up.  Yes, before blogging I didn't see the need to brushes.  I was a finger-painter.  No worries though, I've now invested in a set of brushes and I love them.  This brush from Mary Kay isn't very different from my current concealer brush; however, I didn't use it for concealer.  As it's said, it's also meant to be used with cream eye color.  Since I received some cream eye color in my box, I used it for that reason.  As you can see in the top picture, it makes for a smooth application.  It doesn't put-on too heavy nor too light.  *One thing I do want to note though is that I've only had this brush for about a week.  Present day; it works great, but the longevity of it is still under deliberation.  Currently; I recommend this product, but stick around in case it comes around in the future!

Mary Kay Cream Eye Color
(Violet Storm: $22.00)


         Just like the lash primer, I've never used cream eye color before.  I've always used packed powder eye shadow just because I'm capable of blending it well.  For that reason, I was a little apprehensive in using and reviewing this.  Another factor was that I don't usually wear purple.  Turns out, I was surprised.  This is one of my favorite eye products now.  The purple is awesome to wear lightly throughout the day, but can be darkened for a nice night out.  My new favorite look is to use this as my base color, with a shiny gold as a shadow.  LOVE IT!  My only concern is that it does take a special hand to apply it evenly.  It took a couple tries before I was able to administer the product without having any smudges or uneven areas.  All in all; I recommend this product because of its flexible usage and gorgeous look.

Mary Kay True Dimensions Lip Stick
(Pink Cherie: $18.00)


          I've recently just gotten in to wearing more and more lipstick; but I'm personally more of a fan of darker and nuder looking colors.  When I first opened the tube, my eyes bugged out.  It looks very pink and bright in the tube that it just freaked me out a little bit.  Once on my lips, the color isn't as bright, but it is still very prominent.  The picture at the top is actually about 2 hours after application and the lipstick had faded a little bit.  The color is honestly to bright for me, but I don't 'not recommend' something because of color.  I'm not recommending this product because of the product itself.  It applied to my lips almost like it was chalk.  Actually, that is exactly how it felt: CHALK!  I actually had CLUMPS of lipstick on my lips after applying it.  Not only that, it doesn't last long.  As you can tell; it fades a large amount in just 2 hours, but it also rubs off on water glasses considerably.  Overall, I don't recommend this product unless you plan to reapply throughout the day.

          A huge thanks to Mary Kay and Influenster for sending me these products to use and review!  I loved the experience, and glad to have discovered a few products I will be repurchasing!  I'm sad to give out a couple bad reviews, but it's the cold hard truth.  I made a promise to myself and my readers that I will always be honest in my reviews, and I'm going to stand by that.  I hope you all have a great week, and don't forget to stop by here again soon :)



No comments:

Post a Comment