Monday, September 22, 2014

The Maze Runner, Guelf, and Goodbye

It's nearly insane to think I'll be leaving in less than a week for a completely different country.  It's even more insane to think I'll be gone for three months.  I'm ecstatic for this new adventure to start, and I don't think these next four days can go fast enough.
I've been having a daily countdown on my Instagram till the big day! (@lizzysluggage)
I've been spending the last month at home as my summer internship ended and I've had no classes.  All of my friends have started up the semester, but I've just been bummin' around my hometown passing time.  As this was my last weekend, I tried to spend as much time with my friends as I could.  To say the least, the weekend was a success!

I started off Friday by having lunch with some great people from my academic department.  Some of my closest friends have the same major as me, and I love spending time with them.  I then got to spend the rest of the day with a girl (L) that has been mentioned a lot on this blog.  She's been one of my best friends since I started college, and I'd bring her to England in my suitcase if I could.  L turned 21 this week, so we celebrated Friday with a movie, dinner, and game night.  We went to see 'The Maze Runner' together (great, by the way) and then ate a steak dinner where we left no piece of food uneaten.  Like the cool people we are, we played video games for about two hours until we got the okay to head over to a new location for an intense game of 'Quelf'.  (ask me about my yodeling)
I woke up nice and early on Saturday to meet-up with the amazing girl below.  Not only did we find a great gift for her nephew, I found a pair of black boots that lived up to my standards.  There's not much better stuff in life than great friends, a new mall, and lots of laughs.



After I spent most of my money, I found myself garage saling and antique shopping with L.  The girl got a record player for her birthday so we HAD to find some records to play while we ate lunch.  After some easy listening, we turned on 'Annie' and rested our shopping-sore feet.  (Speaking of which; I also painted my toes).  Since I was now broke after shopping, we kept it classy with some Taco Bell Quesaritos for dinner.
On Sunday, I got the chance to attend church with L and have a wonderful lunch at Red Robin (yum!).  A part of me wishes I could have just stayed, but I know that I have a big adventure coming up that I don't want to miss.  Now comes the really hard part: packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment