Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Reverse Bucket List : 2014

          One of my very first posts on this little corner of the Internet was my Bucket List.  With 9 out of the 50 completed, I've still got a long way to go before I finish it.  Obviously, since I have one myself, I think bucket lists are great, but there is a drawback: It doesn't always showcase all the other awesome stuff you did.

          Like every other year, 2014 has been filled with many ups and downs, and with the New Year coming I've found myself looking back at all the memories I've created.  As a kind of 'rewind post', I've compiled a 'Reverse Bucket List' of things I've done over 2014.  Here they are




1 // Studied Abroad in England (Actual Bucket List)

          I think it's impossible to express just how great of a time I had while studying abroad at the University of Chester in England.  Since it wasn't my first choice, I was bit bummed when I got placed, but God works in amazing ways.  Chester was the perfect place to spend three months of my life.

2// VISITED LONDON and rode the London Eye
        
   I've looked forward to going to London for most of my life, and it lived up to every expectation I had. In an insane independent move, I spent a day in London on my own.  London has become my favorite city in the world CURRENTLY... I've got a few others to visit before I officially decide.






3// Represented the NWU Reveille at the San Diego Journalism Conference

          As the Journalism Junkie I am, I thoroughly enjoyed attending this conference with fellow staff members of my campus' newspaper, The Reveille.  I owe a lot to my university for giving my some really great opportunities this year, including:

4// Discussed the future of journalism with other college editors and New York Times employees

          I'd put this pretty high up as one of the best experiences I've ever had in my life.  I was surrounded with students from all over with a lot of the same career goals as mine.





5// Attended a Blog Conference in Las Vegas

          With my mother in tow, I attended the New Media Expo in Las Vegas last January.  It wasn't only helpful in the 'blog' sense, but it also taught me a lot of things I could use in future careers.  I had a great time attending shows like Celine Dion and Blue Man Group, and eating amazing food with my mother.

6// Spent spring break in Chicago with my best friend

          L and I know exactly how to have a great spring break.  With her amazing planning and driving skills, and my amazing... something, we manage to have a great time no matter where we go!  I don't think I have another friend who will spend a day searching through book stores and reading in coffee shops.


7// Visited Spain, France, Germany, and Ireland
I was very blessed to get the chance to travel around Europe when I studied in England.  With only ten weekends, I needed to take advantage of every possible chance.  


8// Participated in Dressember

          Such a great and fun cause that I feel privileged to have a chance to participate in!  You can donate to Dressember and the International Justice Mission here.

9// Learned a lot about who I am and who I want to be

          Spending three months away from everyone you've grown up with gives you a chance to learn a lot about yourself in a new environment.  I figured out a lot of personal stuff while I was abroad and the time spent there was beneficial in many aspects.


This is no where near all of the amazing things that happened me during this last year.  2014 has been one for the books, but I'm ready to see what 2015 has to offer :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment