Friday, May 29, 2015

Shopping List for a Sick Day

When I was younger and had the dream of becoming a doctor (short-lived), I always said I was going to find the cure for the common cold.  Personally, I think colds are the spawn of Satan, and I don't like the mentality that they aren't an actual illness.  I usually get a cold once a year, but when I do I'm out of commission for several days.

This past week I got a cold that literally knocked me on my butt, and a cold is the kind of illness where you can't really call into work sick.  Thankfully, I had the weekend off, and I took advantage of one night to give myself a pampering session.  Since there's really no cure for the cold, I've got a list of products you're sure to find in your local Target or Walmart that might just be the next best thing!


1// Kleenex: Does this need any explanation?  Don't go cheap and just use toilet paper like I did for the first few days of my sickness (I had a clear resemblance to Rudolph).  I recommend the tissues with lotion infused into the cloth: your nose will thank you.

2// NyQuil: Sleeping when your nose is uncomfortably stuffed is as easy as nailing jello to the wall.  I've come to find that two of these NyQuil capsules are enough to knock me out till morning.  

3// Dr. Teal's Pure Epsilon Salt: A hot bath with bubbles?  Don't mind if I do.  Not only will the steam help with your sinuses, so will the smells from these salts.

4// Vicks VaporRub: Rub some under your nose and your basically in heaven.

5// Herpecin L Lip Protectant: I was lucky enough to get a cold sore at the same time my nose was scratched raw by numerous tissues and napkins.  I bought this because it was the cheapest cold sore treatment I could find and guess what: it worked like a dream.  It's mainly a protectant from the sun, but it's an amazing treatment balm as well.

6// Que Bella Skin Brightening Papaya Peel-off Mask:  Like I said, the perfect sick day needs to be  a day of pampering as well.  This mask was only a couple of bucks and I'd honestly buy it again just for the smell.  Obviously, I don't know the longterm effects as I only used it once, but it definitely made my face fell all fresh-like.  Isn't that the point of masks?

(Not Pictured) 7// Netflix: You're going to need something to do while you wait for the NyQuil to kick in.  This can be a book or anything you want really, but I recommend binging on your favorite TV Show on Netflix!  My current obsession?  Supernatural.

What are some of your favorite products to use when you're having a sick day?
How did you feel about this kind of post on the blog?  Love it? Hate it? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment